|Eco / leisure tourism
- Cameroon possesses a variety of natural attractions, although no natural wonder that distinguishes Cameroon from its competitors, is apparent.
- However, the concept of Cameroon as an “Africa in Miniature”, due to the sheer variety of natural attractions, could serve as that unique selling proposition as opposed to focusing on one or two major attractions.
- Cameroon possesses a multitude of cultures and ethnicities and is rich in heritage
- Global demand for tourism in Africa is increasing, stimulated by 2010 World Cup, whilst estimated increase of 13% for Cameroon by 2035
- There is potential for increased employment, due to the strong interdependencies between supporting services within tourism e.g. tour operators, guides, hospitality staff, restaurants etc.
- Government seeking to facilitate growth in this sector, through review of all tourism policies and development of incentives