Cameroon issues two types of permits:
- Exploration permits;
- Mining permits.
Holders of exploration permits benefit from:
- Temporary admission for materials used for exploration, professional equipment, machines, working vehicles, spare parts etc.
- Total exoneration for materials, spare parts, and special lubricants necessary for the functioning of their professional equipment,
- Total exoneration on specific lubricants for the functioning of exploration, equipment benefit from total exemption from customs duties and taxes.
- These incentives are equally granted to sub-contractors and suppliers working with holders of exploration permits.
- Exemption from registration duties related to financing operations,
- Exemption from corporate taxes;
- Exemption from taxes on commercial & industrial benefits;
- Exemption from Special tax on profits transferable abroad;
- Exemption from proportional tax on Real estate & capital income (RECI)tax.
Holders of mining permits benefit from the following incentives;
- During the construction phase incentives include;
- Exemption from customs duties & taxes on materials, equipment and tools used for production.
- Exemption from customs duties and taxes on set of spare parts to be used in starting the project except for office equipment and tourism vehicles .
- Exemption from taxes and duties on replacement equipment in case of a technical fault and equipment for extension of the projects.
- Total exemption on duties & taxes on raw material, until date of the post commercial production;
- Total exemption from duties or taxes on factory construction materials;
- Total exemption from lubricants used in the project;
- Total exemption from VAT until date of first production.
- Extension of period for payment of registration duties on company and capital leases.
- Total exemption from registration duties on taxes related to mining operations.